Monday 15 February 2016

Lip syncing

In many animations there are moments when characters must  speak. To make it seem as if the sound is coming from a character animators use lip-syncing techniques. The illustration below is a basic guide as to the shape a persons mouth makes to pronounce certain sounds.



Using my wire puppet I attempted to make an example of lip syncing at work, though no sound can be heard through a gif it is easy to imagine what the character is saying just by the movement of the mouth. I also chose to stick my character in place to prove the wire joints can move fluidly as the previous attempt wasn’t very successful. After taking photos of the puppet moving I drew over each individual frame digitally making it seem as if the characters mouth is moving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment