Monday 15 February 2016

Though I liked the animating techniques of my test piece, the setup and assets could be more convenient. I chose to do a whiteboard style final piece because of the freedom of 2D animation, however now I have found it could prove more difficult to produce than originally intended. To remove these concerns I have opted to create my stop frame animation digitally. I would use the very same aesthetical style of a whiteboard animation, keeping the white background and using mostly bold black lines to contrast with it. This removes the need to continually draw and redraw frames and the animation can be saved so nothing is lost. Assets would only include my computer, Photoshop and the tablet on which I can draw the frames. There is also a function on photoshop known as onion skins which shows a translucent version of a previous frame as a guide, this is what I will be using to help me make as smooth an animation as possible. I have already produced some digital animation when making the lip sync on my puppet, so I am confident that this style will prove effective.


Now that I am happy with my new format and assets I can focus on how the sequence will play out and the characters featured. I had the idea to do caricaturised versions of me and my siblings as they would be easy for me to draw. The characters in this style of animation aren't as important as the other styles I have seen because the focus will be more so on how they transition rather than look. However the characters do need appear unique from one another otherwise it will just look like the same person over and over.

Final animation basic character design



I want my animation to continually loop like my earlier work, bot not by reversing the frames. The animation will flow as one sequence continually changing between the characters. Each transition will be different and display a new type of movement. Each transition between the characters should take about the same length of time and there will be enough frames held on the characters to have a decent look at them.

Final story board


1.Starts as a ball
2.The ball stretches downward
3.The ball is now separated into two pieces
4.The upper piece forms a brain while the other forms the characters skin
5.The two pieces meet and the first character is formed
6.The character begins to turn her head
7.The character has completely turned and we can now see her whole body
8.The black of her hair begins to engulf the shot
9.From the blackness a skull appears where  the character would have been
10.The blackness begins to melt away
11.The blackness has now melted away revealing the next character
12.The characters eyes and mouth begin to burn
13.The fire completely engulf the character
14.Two embers leap from the fire
15.The embers begin to spin around one another very quickly
16.The embers begin to form into running people and they have slowed down
17.The first character runs past the screen
18.After which the next character does the same
19.They turn and begin to run at each other
20.The characters collide and burst into balls where the process will begin again

No comments:

Post a Comment