Monday 15 February 2016

Making a gif

Stop frame animation at its core, is a series of still images played sequentially at a rate fast enough to give the subject the appearance of movement. The majority of the animated work I have done for this unit was created using photography. By placing my taken images in order, on the Gif maker site   http://gifmaker.me/ I was able to quickly turn my collection of pictures into fully animated short videos, lasting only seconds. By placing the images in order then backwards, like the images below, I was able to make the animations loop indefinitely.
The speed of an animation is measured by its frames per second (fps), the more frames it takes for an animated subject to make an action, the smoother the movement will appear. The gif maker site conveniently has a slider to adjust how fast an animation moves, which I have used on the majority of my work to make it appear as smooth as possible.

Lopping an animation example


No comments:

Post a Comment